Saturday, December 13, 2014

12-13-14

 
Hey!, it is 12-13-14 for a couple hours more…Ok , no big deal. Well I wandered off of the trail a little bit. The geese remain onsite, they are moving around, foraging and resting. I revisited Frozen Point as you saw from the weak rainbow this A.M.  Plans were to visit the area that had produced several Sora and Clapper Rail sightings for me. Note to self:  Next visit will not be on a weekend.  Unlike Tuesday morning, five vehicles pulled in to the area that I had prepared to watch and wait on the rails.  People escaping the big cities come here for various types of recreation, so I gave them space. However in the process,  I documented a couple new birds.(birders call this phenomenon “ another life bird experience”).  One Horned Grebe and three Mergansers,  They are  either Common or Red  breasted
Horned Grebe
 
 Red Breasted Mergansers
 
 
Sparrow


 Red Breasted Mergansers

Lesser Scaup

Little Blue Heron

Ruddy Duck

Texas Green Tree Frog

Dirt Dabbers

Lady Bug Nest
 

Cotton Tail Rabbit.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment